MENU

January 26, 2014

DIY No-Sew Scented Sachets

If there is a kind of diy that I love to make is playing with fabric without having to sew. You know, I can't even sew a button, I am a complete dummy with needles and fabric, that's why when I saw this tutorial I knew I'd have to make it.

I think to craft with fabric is so much fun, and all the pretty fabrics and embellishments available give us so many possibilities to create something new and pretty. As a beginner crafter I like simple and quick to make projects like this one is.

Tuck a no-sew scented sachet in a drawer to keep linens fresh or under a pillow for sweet dreams,  and they make great small gifts as well.

First things first: gather the Supplies - lightweight scrap fabric, dried lavender buds, or any dried flowers or herbs of your choice, embroidery thread and needle, a couple of pins, and pinking shears. I used pinking shears instead of fray check to stop the edges from fraying, and besides they give a lovely finish to the sachets.

Cut two rectangles with the pinking shears, mine are about 3x2 inches, use the pins to hold the fabric together as you stitch three sides with simple running stitches. Fill  the sachet with the dried herb of your choice and stitch the remaining edge to seal them. 

I don't have fabric scraps around so I cut a piece of a tea towel I bought at Anthropologie (yes, I did that!), and the other fabrics are swatches I bought at JoAnn.  The colorful thread was bought at Walmart.

Have fun using any embellishments you have on hand to give them a special finish touch.


8 comments :

  1. What a great surprise, Regina! You've started a new blog and I LOVE it! As usual your photos and projects are very inspiring!

    Have a great week,

    Luciana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, New Year, new blog... going slowly this time.

      Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Olá Regina. Este seu blog é inspirador. Beijinho

    ReplyDelete
  3. OI, Regina,

    Que alegria constatar que você está postando as suas lindas obras! rsrs.
    Estes sachês ficaram uma graça e devem perfumar graciosamente os
    locais em que são postos, rsrs. Achei uma incrível coincidência encontrar este
    post, pois hoje de manhã cortei uns tecidinhos para fazer sachês "na mão", porque
    a minha velha máquina de costura está avariada e eu não me decido se mando consertar
    ou compro outra, rsrs.

    Um beijo e - desde já - um ótimo fim de semana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bom ver você aqui querida Marly.
      Como você tem tempo para fazer sachês? Um misterio...

      Um grande beijo, e obrigada pela visita.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year Regina!!! What a great idea of these pretty scented sachets!! I loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too dear Shibi.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Have a great week.

      Delete