MENU

April 14, 2014

Easter is coming...

I'm a coffee lover but at least once a year I enjoy drinking tea, this is when n a couple of friends and I get together a week before Easter to celebrate it and have a tea party.


My husband said the table decor looked like a scene from Alice in Wonderland, which I did not have in mind, I just wanted to create a feminine, soft atmosphere. I like Easter decor, soft pastel colors and the light and flowers of early Spring.


We had fruits, strawberries, raspberries and grapes, which I forgot to photograph. Avocado and cream cheese canapés, mini cupcakes, merengues, and chocolate eggs, of course, after all it was an Easter celebration. It was a sweet afternoon, if you know what I mean. 


A celebration with friends without some diy? That's not possible. A simple condensed milk can and a piece of vellum paper held by a piece of washi tape and right there you have a unique candy dish. 

For the rabbit-face napkin rings cut a toilet paper roll, paint it inside to give it a nice finishing, cover the cut pieces with scrap paper (another option is to use fabric), draw & cut some rabbit-shaped ears, and cut faces with a round paper puncher. Add ribbons and ric-racs to embellish them and small pompoms for a cute nose.


Have a good week.

26 comments :

  1. This is the most beautiful and festive décor. I love it so much! I love all the soft pastels. The pictures of all the snacks and desserts are amazing! I wish I could have come to such an event :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous table setting! It looks so sweet, bright and delicious... I especialy loved your pretty napkin rings so much..,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Ayda, you are always so nice with your compliments, and I value them.

      Delete
  3. A lovely table and delicious treats!

    Happy Easter.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Easter table Regina. I love pastel colors and Easter is that time of the year to display and enjoy. You have done a marvelous job here. The photos are awesome. Happy Easter to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Angela.

      Como estão as coisas por aí? Sabe q tivemos um pouco de neve nessa segunda-feira??!?!?! I'm longing for a warm weather my friend.

      Feliz Páscoa!

      Delete
  5. Tudo tão maravilhoso e apetitoso que parece saído de uma história de encantar. Páscoa feliz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigada Isa Maria.

      Feliz Páscoa para você também! :)

      Delete
  6. very nice blog! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana, I hope you had a very nice Easter day.

      Delete
  7. Hello, nice to meet you! What a lovely colourful blog full of creativity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Querida Regina, quase que por acaso (como se existisse acaso!), visitei hoje o Casa de Retalhos e encontrei esta bela surpresa! Adorei vir até aqui. Este seu lado pessoal é muito bonito, muito colorido, muito acolhedor e desejo-lhe todas as felicidades, sucessos e vitórias com este blog e com a sua vida. Este seu passatempo, a fotografia, tem dado frutos lindos, parabéns. Beijinhos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Querida Margarida, fico muito feliz qdo antigo leitores do Casa de Retalhos me visitam aqui, ainda mais quando deixam esse carinho em forma de palavras. Muito obrigada mesmo.
      Um grande abraço

      Delete
  9. Regina, this is so so beautiful! I love the table decor and I'm starting to think I need some pretty dishes... I'm a coffee & tea drinker and love going to those tea houses.
    This is inspiring to me!!! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Priscila, how have you been?

      I feel glad that these photos inspired you, I love being inspired and inspire other people as well.
      I'm not a tea drinker but I like to go to tea houses for their ambience and pastries :)

      Delete
  10. Hello Regina a belated Happy Easter! This is such a beautiful Easter table, so lovely and thank you for your lovely comments on my last post! It's so lovely to hear from you! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to have you here dear Sharon, and it's a pleasure every time I visit your blog. It's always good to read about life in England.

      Delete
  11. Hello Regina I used your tutorial to decorate my Easter table ..... all my children found it very nice .... thank you again for sharing ideas ....if you want to see the picture is www.flickr.com/photos/97274370@N07/13899341843/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw them and I love them, they look so pretty :)

      Thank you so much for letting me know.

      Warmly

      Delete