MENU

April 27, 2014

Tiradentes

We took these photos last year during our vacation in Brazil on the day we visited a small town nearby where my family lives. Tiradentes is one of the smallest yet best preserved colonial and historic towns of Minas Gerais.

On weekends and holidays the population of this charming small town with its narrow cobblestone streets practically triples. Trails, waterfalls, handcraft and antique shops, homemade sweets and preserves stores, film festival, bike fest,  culture and gastronomy festival, besides good restaurants and excelente pousadas, and historic churches, including one with an all-gold interior. It amazes me how such a small town offers so much to its visitors and yet preserves its historic characteristics.

A little bird told me that a well known Connecticut furniture and accessories store often buys art and antiques in Tiradentes.




While living in Brazil, I only lived in Minas Gerais surrounded by its gorgeous green & blue mountains, so for me to visit Tiradentes is a trip back in time, maybe that's why I like to visit it midweek rather than when all of these exciting events are happening, this way I can most easily appreciate its many attractions. 


Wander at a slow pace on its narrow and hilly cobblestone streets, go where local residents go, listen to the unmistakable mineiro (those born in Minas) accent, which is very peculiar. Talk to people as I walk in front of their one-of-a-kind stores and houses. In general, Brazilians are friendly and helpful, and talk to strangers like they are old acquaintances. 
Simplicity and peace that's what I feel when I'm there, and so I feel at home. 


By the way, this is the color my front door will be next time I paint it. 

18 comments :

  1. All images are simply amazing!!!
    I love all of them so much, bright, colorful, warm and cheerful...
    I would like to see here...

    Loves..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning dear Ayda.

      Yes, it is a bright, colorful small town.

      Thank you for your presence always encouraging.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful place! So peaceful and quaint. Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures with us.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Rosa.

      Yes, it's a quaint little town, to me these images bring back fond memories of my childhood.

      Delete
  3. Oi Regina,
    Fui somente uma vez a Tiradentes, e me encantei também. Na época estava sem minha máquina fotográfica, não registrei nada. Foi muito bom ver tudo registrado aqui por você!
    Obrigada pelo novo "passeio" a Tiradentes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bom dia Olinda, tudo bem?

      Que pena que tirou nenhuma foto lá, mas quem sabe qq dia desses você volta e tenha a chance de tirar muitas, e muitas fotos.

      Beijos

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful post! What a lovely city Tiradents is. It's so clean and neat. Someday we as a family should make a vacation to the South of Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angela, how have you been?

      Yes, you should, there are beautiful places down there, I'm sure you and your family would have a great time.

      Beijos

      Delete
  5. Ne güzel bir şehir ..Masallardaki gibi. Mutlu kalın..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mas que linda terra..tão limpa, tão colorida. Amei Regina. Um beijinho. Isabel, do CarosseldeLinho, Agora neste novo espaço o 1000projetus. Visite-me e gostaria que me seguisse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigada pela visita Isabel. Como vai você, de blog novo? Vou lá conhecê-lo.

      Um grande abraço

      Delete
  7. Hello dear Regina, after endless problems with my laptop I am now back in the world of blogging. This is such a beautiful and colourful little village, I am amazed at how colourful everything looks, your photography is great! And I do love the Blue door too! Hugs Sharon PS. what town in East Sussex are you visiting when you come to England?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I don't remember the name of the town in East Sussex but I'll check and let you know.

      xo

      Delete
  8. Here is like a dream city. your photos are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Estive em Tiradentes no ano passado e fiquei apaixonada pela cidade...
    As fotos estão lindas Regina!! Também fiz um post no meu blog sobre Tiradentes e Bichinho quando estive lá.
    Lugar encantador...Bjs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigada Vanessa. Vou ver sua postagem sobre Tiradentes :)

      Delete