MENU

July 29, 2014

Art crush on Instagram

When I came across with Simone Wittgen's photos on Instagram they immediately touched my heart. Just a cute girl doodle, a piece of fruit or vegetable and a simple quote, and instantly I have a smile from ear to ear. And this is what I think makes her lovely creations captivating, they are unique, simple and fun.


Simone lives in a village in the south of the Netherlands and works as a communication & marketing consultant, but her passion is photography, and through her illustrative work she can freely express her creativity with her photos. I contacted Simone to have her permission to post her artwork here and she graciously sent me these ones so I could share them with you. She's such an inspiration to me and perhaps can be to you, too.


PhiloSophietje, that's how she named her series of doodles, quotes & photography. Philo for philosophy refers to the quotes and Sophie is the cute girl's name.


Meet Miss Saigon!  In addition to her doodle series, Simone now is having fun creating pretty face-foliage girls, and Miss Saigon is my favorite. 


Simone has been working on a project of a postcard online shop so you can own as many as you want of her lovely artwork. Anyone interested can email her @ simonewittgen@gmail.com.


I hope you are all having a super summer, I mean, for the ones on the north side of the Equator. Yesterday was super, rainy and sunny, but wait a minute, rain & sun together? Yes, and I knew I would see it, and there it was, a beautiful & colorful rainbow in an awesome bluebell sky. I love Summer!

(images: Simone Wittgen)

24 comments :

  1. Muito lindo e delicado!!Gostei! bjs praianos,chica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Chica, tudo bem aí na praia? Realmente é muito fofinho não é mesmo?

      Beijinhos

      Delete
    2. Hi there chica! Thank you so much for your kind comment. I really appreciate it. And sorry for this very late reply. Have a fab day!

      Delete
  2. Awww! These are great! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, thanks for stopping by. They are indeed great, aren't they?

      Warmly

      Delete
    2. Hi Rachel! Thank you for you super kind comment! And sorry for this very very late reply! Have a nice day!

      Delete
  3. Miss Saigon é maravilhosa, assim como a leveza dos traços da pequena Sophie. Vou buscar a artista no Instagram e admirar ainda mais a sua obra. Aproveite bem o verão e como dizemos no Brasil: "sol e chuva é dia de casamento de viúva". Um grande abraço.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um grande abraço querida Beatriz. Hoje é dia de receita lá no seu blog, certo? Depois vou lá ver o que de gostoso você fez.

      Beijos

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for leaving such a kind comment Beatriz! I dit translate it with a n online translate service ;0)) And sorry for this very late reply!

      Delete
  4. So pretty! Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosa's Yummy Yums! And so sorry for this very late reply on your kind comment!

      Delete
  5. Oi Regina, achei lindos os trabalhos da Simone!
    Obrigada e um abração.
    Olinda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Que bom que gostou Olinda. Muito obrigada pela visita.

      Beijos

      Delete
    2. Thank you Olinda! I guess you are saying nice things ;0)) And I'm sorry for the very late reply!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful pictures and very good idea. I like it so much. Simone is a clever girl:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Simone is clever and a very creative person.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Navodovo! And sorry for the very late reply!

      Delete
  7. Dear Regina, I was on vacation when you featured my IG account on your blog and I totally forgot to respond after that. Shame on me. First of all I really wanna thank you for your enthousiasm about PhiloSophietje and the facethefoliages. You are too kind to feature them on your blog. And all the other peops who commented on this blog of Regina: thank you so much for your sweet comments (as far as I can understand them). ;0)) Kisses, see you on Instagram, @simone_wit. And if you like to receive PhiloSophietje of facethefoliage you can mail me on simonewittgen@gmail.com My shop is not ready yet ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure dear Simone to have a chance to feature your art on my blog.
      See you at IG :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Regina,
    What's up? Scrolled through your blog this morning. Fab inspiration, also for Xmas. I wanted to let you know that my Etsy shop is finally online! I've made a Fun, Wisdom, Love & Friendship and The Latest Package, each containing 12 cards/ prints. Soon I will add the flowerfaces. See: www.etsy.com/nl/shop/PhiloSophietje So happy with it. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Newyear. Keep in contact. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! It looks lovely! Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Regina. This post is really perfect. I'll definitely follow this creative girl's account! ^_^ love all the photos and idea is super.

    ReplyDelete