MENU

December 4, 2014

Christmas giftwrap

I wanted to show you how we can wrap up and embellish Christmas gifts without breaking the bank, and making gift giving more personal. I wanted to keep it simple using just materials I already had at home, not buying any new supplies.

So I gathered a bunch of papers, ribbons, tapes, golden ornaments, tie-ons, stickers, etc., and spread them all over the floor on my craft room hoping to come up with some ideas. Looking all around me I could imagine endless combinations and possibilities.

So it happened. I chose pink & turquoise as my color scheme, not the usual Christmas colors I must say, but yet pretty.


I have always liked gold and white together, so it was natural to me to choose a white fru-fru ribbon and a self-adhesive golden tape to wrap one of the turquoise packages, and to embellish it I used golden thread and jingle bells. Jingle bells are fun, aren't they?


Something simpler? Satin white ribbon to wrap a pink package, and to make it look like Christmas I added golden Christmas ball ornaments.


Golden and silver snowflake adhesives to embellish a package wrapped with two beautiful white ribbons, and to add a little spark pretty pink pearls. 


Layering is crucial to an interesting look, here a wide pink ribbon, a thin white one on top of it, and golden thread wrap a small pink package. I painted wood veneer snowflakes in gold using glitter glue, the same glue I used to glue them on the ribbon, and last but certainly not least I glued adorable blue pearls on them. 


Do you like the vintage Christmas stickers on the packages? Actually they are chocolate wrapping papers from last Christmas. I ate them all, the chocolate I mean, but I saved these cuties for a rainy day ^_^


The beauty of wrapping gifts to the ones we love is that there is never a lack of inspiration as to how to make them in different ways using just simple materials.

Have fun wrapping!

32 comments :

  1. So pretty! Your friends and family are going to be so lucky to receive such beautiful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and reffined! You are a very talented lady.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi , querida!
    Estou encantada,novamente, com seu bom gosto e também com a gama de materiais disponíveis por aí! Além de serem lindos, têm qualidade e muitas opções. .. Os pacotes ficaram belíssimos, eu ja me contentava ganhar só ele...
    Lindo dia,lindas produções, beijinhos, Katia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigada querida Katia.

      Um grande abraço

      Delete
  4. Ficam lindos os presentes assim! Adorei! bjs,chica

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're sooo talented! Those, who are gonna recive there gifts are sooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regina, querida!

    Os presentes estão lindos... se eu recebesse um desses ficaria com pena de abrir.
    Coloridos, delicados, fitas e rendas... Amo!

    Beijo grande!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigada querida Ila, e que bom que gosto :))

      Delete
  7. You are very creative and talented!!! Absolutely loved all the wrappings. Keep it coming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this comment Shibi, if I only had more time, I would keep it coming :))

      xo

      Delete
  8. So beautiful. Each package is wrapped in such detail. Such a great way to use up scrap fabric and odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it Brandi, I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  9. O that looks gorgeous! Thanks for the package inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Christmas and gift wrapping is my favorite! Great and inspiring ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mira, I agree with you, it's so could to wrap a gift and feel glad with the results. Glad that these ideas inspired you.

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. So beautiful and inspiring Regina! I really loved your color combination and each detail is just stunning! I loved the vintage feeling of them too! All your photos are soooooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandra, and it's very nice your presence here.

      Have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Silvia, you are so talented so to get a nice comment from you it's rewarding.

      Delete
  13. Wonderful colours!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm terrible at wrapping Regina. You make it look like such fun! I should dig out all my "leftovers" and repurpose them. The color scheme is soooo pretty:)

    Thank you so much for sharing, Regina...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the visit and for the nice comment dear Louise.

      xo

      Delete
  15. Queria tanto receber um presente num embrulho lindo destes.... Será que e' pra mim?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. É sim, mas se não vier buscar vou ter que dar para outra pessoa... :))

      Delete
  16. Wow each one looks so beautifully done!..wish I had the patience to create all this..and I am sure your family and friends are so lucky to receive such special gifts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, I had so much fun wrapping them.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete