MENU

January 11, 2015

I have a green thumb...

Specially with adorable succulents. I love their shapes, their leaf forms and textures. Their color nuances are so unique.


It amazes me how easily they propagate from their leaves, from their stumps, nothing goes to waste, and it's marvellous to see their little roots sprouting from the end of the leaves and teeny tiny baby plants beginning to grow.


I have a friend who has a green thumb as well, specially for orchids but not for succulents, so I've been nurturing some succulents I propagated from cuttings and leaves to give to her at her birthday at the beginning of spring.


Yesterday, when I woke up to one more gray sky I felt like making some diy to juice up my creativity instead of falling to winter blues.

I like simple things and like to personalized my gifts, do you remember these diy flower holders? So with the help of some stickers I embellished small containers to hold the succulents pots.

I think my friend will much appreciate getting the succulents dressed up in these personalized cachepots, don't you agree?

7 comments :

  1. I think your friend will love the plants! They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Como não amar um presente feito com tanto carinho?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Regina, you know I am liking succulents more and more! They are suddenly a popular plant to have about the house! I'm not much of a gardener at all, but I do have one spiky cactus that belongs to my son which I water now and then! I love the close up photos of the succulents and they look really lovely in those bright plant holders! Happy week for you Regina! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! your plants are adorable! i have some succulents too ;) i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you! I'm sure your friend will be delighted with such a lovely thoughtful gift. I know that I would appreciate them. Succulents have recently become so very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the same love... And lovely diy too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete