MENU

February 27, 2015

DIY - Upcycled Tin Can Storage

Today I have a new diy project I made for the Craft Café column at Heart Handmade UK - Upcycled Tin Can Storage.

I'm always finding new ways to reuse tin cans and give them a new life. I like the idea of crafting and upcycling them.



Gold is my favorite accent color so I sprayed the cans and lids with a metallic gold paint, and mixed and matched papers, tapes, and embellishments to decorate them. Last but not least, I added a round wooden bead to some of the lids to make a handle. Now I can use them to store some of my craft supplies, or to hold some pretty flowers.


This is a very inexpensive way to spruce up any room and give it a personal touch.



If you have some empty tin cans, you should try this project

After you spray paint inside and outside of the cans and lids in metallic gold, gather what you have on hand to decorate them, like papers, tapes, laces, adhesive embellishments, butons, and so on.


There are so many ways to get creative with these cans. I hope you get inspired by this post and come up with other beautiful ideas to upcycle tin cans.

Find the full tutorial here.


20 comments :

  1. Looks very pretty!! I made edible gifts for my relatives during Christmas and I used waffle stick cans to pack the goodies. I wrapped the cans with self adhesive decorative cupboard liners to make them pretty.
    What kind of papers do you use and do you use any special kind of glue for these projects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use spray glue, which is easy, fast and no-messy, but I prefer to use tapes to hold the wrapped paper around the can (washi, fabric, or any other pretty tape), this way I have the option to replace the paper if I want.

      I always use regular scrap paper from craft stores. The white paper with the stars is a little transparent (kind of vellum paper) so some of the gold paint would be shown.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Regina!! I appreciate your reply.

      Delete
  2. Hi Regina,
    Those pretty cans make me feel so "Springy." I love the way you have decorated them. The wooden beads make perfect "handles."

    Thanks for sharing, Regina...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wawww Regina, this idea creative and so sweet:)
    Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi,Regina!
    Quanta delicadeza e bon gosto juntos, minha querida. .. Amei as idéias e vou colocá-las em pratica logo,logo!
    Obrigada pela visita e que você tenha um lindo e muito feliz final de semana, beijinhos, Katia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sevgili Regina çok güzel olmuş....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO gorgeous! I now know what accents I want to add for my nursery for storage items. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindo projeto e uma pena que no Brasil a gente não encontre papeis e itens de decoração assim.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regina, você tem se superado a cada postagem. Que coisa mais linda. O dourado, realmente, deu um toque muito especial. As pérolas, as estrelinhas e as borboletas... Quanta delicadeza!!
    Lindas peças.
    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Regina, I love this post so much! Love the gold cans and how you have decorated them, as always I am constantly amazed at your creativity! Hugs and have a lovely week. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorei cada detalhe.
    Ótima inspiração para nosso ateliers.
    bjs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindas e super delicadas, amei as estampas e os detalhes em dourado.
    Bjos, Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your project and all images so much!
    Lots of love.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cans look really nice Regina!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are the prettiest decorate and repurposed cans I have seen!!!

    I have pinned to share and would love to have you stop by and share with my readers on #OMHGWW this week for an upcoming Mothers Day Feature.

    Have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karren, how are you?

      Only now I read your comment, thank you so much for your nice words. I'm glad you have pinned it to share with others. About the #OMHGWW, I'm not sure what I should do :))

      Take care

      Delete
  15. Querida Regina, encontrei por acaso este post e fiquei encantada! Que ideia linda para presente!
    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete