MENU

February 20, 2015

I am a lucky one, and a creamy hot chocolate in a big mug

Well, well, what can I say?

I have just found out this week that  Molly Mell, with the White Chocolate Truffles - Brigadeiro recipe, won the 4th prize in the Chocolate Lovers Recipe Contest at Torta Della Figlia.

I started this unpretentious blog about a year ago, a place to keep my creativity flowing, and it is rewarding to know that, somehow, it is reaching people.

Many thanks Marcela, the judges, the sponsor!!!

And guess what I made to celebrate it. Oh, yes, another delicious, quick and easy chocolate recipe.


Creamy Hot Chocolate, the way my mother used to make when my siblings and I were little. No fancy ingredients to make this rich and tempting hot chocolate.



Creamy Hot Chocolate
Makes 1 big mug

♥ 2 tbsp natural cocoa powder
♥ 2 cups milk (I used 2% organic reduced fat)
♥ 2 tbsp cornstarch
♥ sugar to taste

Mix the cornstarch, one spoon at a time, with 1/2 cup of milk. Stir this mixture slowly until the cornstarch is completely dissolved, and keep on the side.

Place the cocoa powder and the remaining milk in a small saucepan over low heat, stir slowly until it is all blended. I suggest using a wooden spoon.

Gradually pour the dissolved cornstarch into the saucepan. Continue stirring over low heat until it becomes a thick and creamy texture. Do not let it boil.

Get cozy and enjoy it warm.

11 comments :

  1. Yummy:)) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations dear Regina, that is wonderful news! That hot chocolate looks deliciously decadent and so rich and creamy....Hugs dear friend! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations one more time! I'm so glad that I made you happy! I sent the prize as a global express, so I hope you will get your mold really soon!
    Your hot chocolate looks amazing... So decadent! Delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Regina! I'm so excited for you and delighted to indulge my imagination in this self indulgent mug of dreamy goodness.

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oi, Re,

    Parabéns pelo prêmio, que foi muito merecido, aliás, rsrs. E este chocolate quente me deixou com água na boca, que visão deliciosa! Amei também os objetos retratados nas fotos, que lindos!

    Um beijo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Regina and I couldn't find a better way to celebrate than this rich, creamy chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my god! Mas que bela tentação em tempo quaresmal para quem crê nele. Beijos de saudades de passar por aqui mas o tempo, esse malandro que me foge por entre os dedos.

    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats dear Regina! and It looks so delicious again! I love your recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What exciting news - congrats! And this hot chocolate looks positively decadent!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That is such an achievement.. and what a decadent hot chocolate to celebrate with. You have me completely enraptured with the image of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The title made me laugh. And the prize made me delighted - it's obviously well earned! :-)

    ReplyDelete