MENU

August 19, 2015

The simplest treats can be the best - No-Churn Homemade Coconut & Pistachio Ice Cream


We all know ice cream is sweet, soft, creamy and smooth, just to give it a few adjectives, but that it can be homemade without having to be churned, that I did not know!
I would not be surprised if you think of me something such as what kind of world has she been living in?

In my favor, I only have to say I simply never paid attention to it until I saw this post at Marcela's blog, and after that, withouth having to search for them, all kinds of no-churn homemade ice cream recipes were falling on my lap,  and I knew I had to make my own.


It's ridiculous how easy and delicious this recipe is, with just two ingredients, whipping cream and sweeteened condensed milk, along with the flavors I chose, coconut and pistachio, and in a few minutes, not counting freezing time, I made this crazzy good ice cream.

No Churn Homemade Coconut & Pistachio Ice Cream

 1 can sweetened condensed milk
 16 fl oz (473ml) whipping cream
♥ shredded unsweetened coconut, to taste
♥ chopped pistachio, to taste

Pour the whipping cream into a mixing bowl and whip it until it holds stiff. Gently begin folding the condensed milk into the whipped cream. At first, it looks lumpy, but as you continue to fold the mixture will smooth out and become soft and silky. Be careful not to over mix, stop when you see just a few small lumps here and there.

Add the shredded coconut and chopped pistachio to the mixture.

Transfer the mixture to a container. Smooth the top, and press a piece of wax paper against the surface to prevent ice crystals from forming. Cover, and freeze for at least 6 hours.


Flavor possibilities are endless for ice cream, you can add nuts, fruits, caramel, vanilla, chocolate chips, anything to your taste.


It's creamy, 

it's soft,

it melts in your mouth.

In resume, it's simply delicious!


9 comments :

  1. Love this recipe Regina. Your pictures are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Your photos are amazing! And the ice cream seems to be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seriously looks like the best ice cream! Love the recipe and pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bom dia Regina,
    Que delicia de sorvete, sendo caseiro com ingredientes selecionados por nós é ainda melhor, ficou muito apetitoso, refrescante.
    Bom final de semana, beijo,
    Vânia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nefis..
    Çok güzel görünüyor...Çocuklar dondurmaya bayılıyor...
    Sevgiler :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regina, querida!

    Que sorvete maravilhoso.
    Está irresistível e eu estou com água na boca.

    E as fotos... ah, que lindas!

    Beijo grande

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Regina, looks like delicious ice cream and I love coconut and pistachio so a great combination! Happy week for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Regina (I think my comment may have gotten lost before so I'm reposting) - just wanted to pop in and say ... my what a lovely blog you have! Also, YUM! I am bookmarking this ice cream recipe right now!

    ReplyDelete