MENU

September 29, 2015

Wow! You've got to try this Chia Pudding & Mango Gelatin

I am someone who likes to get things done immediately, I don't like to put off to tomorrow things I can accomplished today, but somehow I've being procrastinating my posts.

I have been taking lots of pictures and I want to share them with you. Tell you stories about my visits to organic farms, share recipes from produce grown in our garden, and new craft projects.

So many ideas taking shape in my mind, yet I have not been able to translate them into words that would make sense.


So this morning, I knew I had to start somewhere, and without much fuss, I want to share a recipe, with some twist, that was featured in the free Summer Craft online magazine, organized by Claire from Heart Handmake UK.

Chia Pudding & Mango Gelatin
Makes about 2

For the Gelatin:
 150grs fresh, or frozen fruit. This time I used frozen mango.
♥ 7grs / 1 envelope unflavored gelatin powder
♥ 100ml water
♥ Sugar, to taste

* The first time I made this recipe I did not add sugar to the gelatin, but when I tasted the mango puree it was asking for some sweet, so I added a couple of sugar spoons to it.

Puree the fruit using a hand mixer, or blender.
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water according to package instruction.
Add the dissolved gelatin on the fruit puree and stir until all is blended.
Pour mixture into individual glass dishes, and chill in the fridge until firm, about 2 hours.


For the Pudding:
♥ 400ml / 2 cups milk (I used coconut milk)
♥ 3 tbsp sugar, or other substitute like honey (I was craving sweet so I used condensed milk)
 5 tbsp chia seeds

Stir all ingredients together in a jar with a cap, shake and shake it until all ingredients are well mixed.
Gently, spoon the pudding mix over the gelatin, leaving some room to garnish with fruits.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Top with fruit, toasted coconut or whatever sounds good to you.


It's a deliciously amazing sweet treat, and the possibilities are endless with this recipe, you can always adapt it to your taste and imagination.

3 comments :

  1. Querida Regina!

    Ah, estou curiosa para ver suas imagens. Aguardo pelas novas postagens, então.

    Eu adoro pudim. Pudim de chia - deve ser uma delícia além de saudável.
    Obrigada pela receita. Vou levar!

    As imagens, como sempre, ficaram muito lindas.
    As cores são irresistíveis. Amo!

    Abraço

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nossa, essa receita parece o máximo! Além de ter uma cara super saudável (apesar do leite condensado rs). Vê se organiza mais as coisas fotos e ideias porque seus posta são sempre maravilhosos e fazem falta! Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regina que cores lindas e com certeza esse pudim deve ser uma delicia.Bjs

    ReplyDelete