MENU

December 20, 2015

Urban Jungle Bloggers: Planty Wishes for 2016 - A Living Wreath


Make a living wreath has never crossed my mind, in fact I never understood the purpose of them, they die pretty quickly no matter which plants we use, but when I learned the topic chosen by Igor and Judith for this month's Urban Jungle Bloggers - Planty Wishes for 2016, that's exactly what came to my mind.

To me, simbolically, a living wreath represents us, humans. Like us some plants are fragile and delicate, some are strong. Like plants, humans are created beautiful, and both have a Life spam.

Plants don't have any choices, they simply are, but no matter their shape, their texture, their color, they always bring joy and beauty to the world. We have choices and yet we not always bring joy and beauty to the world.

My planty wishes for 2016 is that we all look at the plants, look at Nature, and get inspired by them. We have a choice, remember? We can choose love over fear.

Most of us are not in a position to make decisions that will affect a large number of people, but every single thing we do makes a difference. Let's spread more kindness, small acts of kindness can go a long way in making the world a better place.

For the sake of all of us, I wish we all have the will to make this world a better place.


Now back to make my living wreath. Like most of my diy projects, making this wreath was very easy to assembly and very relaxing. I started by putting a small branch together, wrapping it with floral wire and gently tie it to my grapevine wreath, but soon I realized that the plants with tough stems could be directly put into the wreath. So easy.

I love the texture and color of moss, so I tuck some into the wreath so it looks as if they were growing there naturally.


The smell in the room from the pine branches and the beautiful mess on my dining table - priceless! 


I made it yesterday, and I've been spraying it with a mister. It still looks fresh and beautiful.


14 comments :

  1. Hello dear Regina,your words ring so true. As individuals we each have the power to change the way we behave and respond to others, we are each in a position of influence over our small friends/family circles. Your wreath is absolutely beautiful! Last year I made my own wreath on a wreath making course, this year sadly I had too much to do, so I bought one instead! Wishing you a beautiful Christmas and New Year, and I look forward to reading more on your lovely blog next year! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Sharon, thank you so much for your kind words.
      I wish you a beautiful Christmas and a glorious New Year dear frind.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful words, Regine! And a beautiful wreath! Let's choose love over fear in 2016, add some more plants to our lives and try to make the world a better place. I wish you a wonderful Christmas break and thank you for sharing your wishes with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith. It's not always easy for me to express myself in English (as it is my second language), but I try.

      Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this community. It's a great way to keep the creativity flowing, and to share with other like-minded bloggers.

      Happy Holidays, and a special New Year.

      Delete
  3. Amiga Regina
    Permita que lhe chame de amiga pois considero-a como tal, embora seja virtual e de tão longe, de Lisboa, cidade muito bonita. Seria um prazer conhecê-la, mas quem sabe um dia, não é? Desejo-lhe um feliz natal e que o novo ano lhe traga projetos lindos, inovadores e muita saúde acima de tudo. Um beijinho, para si e toda a sua querida família. Isabel Maria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigada Isabel Maria. Claro que somos amigas, amigas virtuais!

      Lisboa é uma cidade muito linda mesmo. Estive em Lisboa esse ano, em junho. Se quiser ver, fiz essa postagem sobre minha viagem

      http://mollymell.blogspot.com/2015/06/a-week-in-portugal-photography-food.html#.VoRblPkrLVQ

      Espero que tenha tido um Natal especial, e lhe desejo um Ano Novo repleto de bençãos.

      Um grande abraço

      Delete
  4. Wishing a wonderful Christmas time and a great new year ahead in 2016! Good health, happiness and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Angela, I hope you'd had a wonderful Christmas together with your family. I wish you all the best for 2016, lots of love, health, happiness.

      Take care my friend.

      Delete
  5. Querida! Fazia tempo que não passava por aqui, mas de forma nenhuma, por falta de vontade. Mais um trabalho maravilhoso, compartilhado conosco, obrigada. Que seu ano seja lindo, e que sua imaginação continue, "de vento em popa", para alegras nossos olhos e de certa forma nossos corações também. Um beijo enorme no seu coração.

    Um abraço bem apertado

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olá Águida, tudo bem?

      Muito obrigada pelos votos de Ano Novo, desejo-lhe um Ano abençoado, repleto de momentos felizes, saúde e tudo aquilo que lhe faça feliz.

      Beijos e abraços

      Delete
  6. Wish you and yours a great year in 2016! May it bring lots of great things your way Regina! Peace, good health, love, quietness and contentment! Lots of love !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Angela, thank you, and I wish you all of these to you as well.

      Take care dear friend

      Delete