MENU

January 15, 2016

Urban Jungle Bloggers: Kitchen Greens


What a great idea this month's Urban Jungle Bloggers theme - Kitchen Greens - I liked it not only because I keep lots of plants in my kitchen-dining area, but also it's a room with plenty of natural light, which makes it more fun to take pictures.


From spring to middle fall I grow herbs in a raised bed my husband built for me that I keep on the deck, but when it gets to winter pots with herbs replace succulents and African violets on my kitchen window sill.

To me it's important to use fresh herbs in my cooking, they are flavorful, make beautiful garnishes, are packed with nutrients and antioxidants, and transform every meal into something special.


People say that if a plant does well in a spot we should not move it from it, well in my home it's not quite like that, I have this urge to rearrange things around the house, including my plants. The same plant that today is in my kitchen, tomorrow can be found in the studio or bathroom, and they do well all year around.

I water my indoor plants weekly, and I rarely fertilize, or repot them. I like to believe they do well because I do care for them. Some believe talking to plants is a myth, I don't, so I chat with them, showing my appreciation and how thankful I am to have them around.

I believe talking to plants is beneficial to them and to myself, and it doesn't take a long conversation just a 'hello', or 'good morning'  when I water them, or move them around.

And you, do you talk to your plants?


Get inspired and join the fun at Urban Jungle Bloggers.


14 comments :


  1. Beautiful light in your kitchen Regina and your plants are so healthy. You are good to them! I have one rosemary and two decorative plants. I do talk to them when I water them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am lucky to have such natural light in my kitchen. Glad to know you believe in talking to plants :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and lush kitchen greens, Regina! Thank you so much for sharing them with us Urban Jungle Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Igor, I'm having fun joining the UJB :)

      Delete
  3. Oi Regina, tudo bom?
    FELIZ 2016 A VC. E FAMÍLIA!!!
    Faz tempo que não conversamos, como vc. e sua família estão?, faço votos que estejam todos bem e que tenham um abençoado ano.

    Beijos e qd. puder me retorne

    Audeni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olá querida Audeni, como vai você?

      Não sei se vai acreditar, mas andei pensando em você ultimamente. Qualquer hora dessas vou visitar você.

      Beijos querida.

      Delete
  4. Your kitchen is so lovely! And your plants are beautiful :)
    I also talk with my plants - Oh my, what this yellow leaf doing here? I think you drink too much lately ;)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kasia, it's good to know you talk to your plants like I do. It indeed makes a difference, don't you think? :)

      Take care

      Delete
  5. Your kitchen is so lovely, Regina...I love plants in the kitchen too. Although, like you, I have a tendency to move them around quite a lot. My Pineapple plant is getting so huge I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I've been talking to it lately to try and figure out whether I should give it a trim. I swear it's growing like crazy because I'm sharing its pot with a rambling rosemary, lol...

    Thank you so much for sharing, Regina...you and your plants have brightened up my evening:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet dear Louise. Thank you for stopping by and leave this lovely comment.

      Delete
  6. Wow, the light in your kitchen is stunning, Regina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, didn't mean to publish like that ;) Not only the light is stunning, your plants are beautiful too! Thank you for sharing them with all of us Urban Jungle Bloggers! (and I have to admit I do talk to my plants on rare occasions too ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coucou Régina, i am happy because i read you are talken with yours plants.i do the same in this momnent my Orchidée it's beautifull and i congratulate it every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do believe talking to them make them happy :)

      Delete