MENU

June 26, 2016

Urban Jungle Bloggers - One Plant and Three Stylings


Sometines I feel like the White Rabbit  muttering "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late"... The Urban Jungle Blogger's topic for this month was published on June 23rd, and here I am, late again.

I think it's such a cool idea to be challenged to create a visual styling based on a topic they come up with. I wish I could organized my time better so I would participate on all of their topics, and publish them on time.

This month's topic is One Plant - Three Stylings. The idea is to show three different stylings using the same plant. I picked the lovely String of Pearls. I think I owe it to it.


Not too long ago, my String of Pearls looked  like this, remember? Well, with my need to keep moving things around, I placed it in the guess room, and guess what? I forgot about it. Yes, I must confess, I always killed this adorable plant, and I felt terrible. 

To revive my near-dead plant, I replanted its bits & pieces in two simple clay potes and placed them on Ikea plant pot holders. I keep them on the kitchen cupboard together with other small succulents and my precious pink bell-shaped violet. How do I call this styling? I call it homey styling.

My second styling couldn't be easier - Breakfast outside!


At this time of the year, Brady and I try and have most of our meals outside, especially breakfast on weekends.


For this styling I chose to keep the clay pots bare, and placed the pots on a wood tray. I think it goes well with the natural landscape.


My third styling was a request from Brady to bring more green to our home office. This is a corner of our home office,  and here the plant pot holders looked more suitable than the bare clay pots.


I hope you feel inspired and join the fun at Urban Jungle Bloggers.

9 comments :

  1. Oi Regina
    Meu inglês está bem enferrujado, mas pelo que entendi você colocou sua adorável colar de pérolas em três lugares diferentes e com arranjos variados. Eu gostei de todos pois sou apaixonada por esta suculenta, tenho uma que não vai pra frente, cresce a passo de tartaruga. Quem sabe você não me diz como fazer para a minha ficar tão lindinha como a sua.
    Beijo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que lindas fotos,Regina!Adorei! Linda semana! bjs, chica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Regina, what a cute little plant, I love the pearls, I shall have to look for one here in the UK. Delightful and I just loved your IG pic this morning! Very bright and cheerful. Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stylings, and the sweet little plant - and the light in your first picture is just perfect. Thank you for your nice words, and you've got a beautiful little oasis here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que belo arranjo, amei essa planta de bolinhas.
    Tenha uma ótima semana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A natureza é tão incrível, né? Mesmo uma planta tão singela pode trazer tanta vida a ambientes tão diferentes. Tudo lindo, Regina!
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Regina,
    I love the String of pearls (my own plant unfortunately died a few weeks ago, i'm not so good with plants i have to admit) an i love your three styling ideas. The one i like most is the plant on your breakfast table outside. Such a great idea.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regina, amiga!

    Colar de pérolas! Eu não sabia que esta planta se chamava assim. E que lindo nome, combina perfeitamente - pérolas verdes. Todos os arranjos estão perfeitos, amiga!

    Amo sua fotografia! 💛💚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Regina! You have lovely plants. You do have a green thumb. I tend to forget to water my indoor plants. :( Oh an update on my issue with lymph nodes. The doctor let me go without a biopsy. He thinks this will be fine. So for now I am Ok. I thank God of course. Hope Summer is going great for you!!

    ReplyDelete