MENU

September 16, 2016

Urban Jungle Bloggers: Plantselfie


At the end of July, I invited some girl friends over for a garden-to-table backyard gathering featuring our home grown vegetables. We had such a lovely and fun day, plenty of seasonal and fresh foods, great wine and beer, and lots of laughs. 

One of my friends fell in love with my succulents and asked me if I could plant some in a vase for her. That request was quite unexpected, after all she is a master gardener and knows much more about plants than I do. Then she explained she has never had luck with succulents and looking at mine so healthy and happy she believed I might have a thing with succulents. I thought that was such a cute and nice compliment. 


So, gladly, I planted a few succulents in a vase she gave me, an old vase that belonged to her late mother.

Below is the succulents ready to go to my friend's home. I made a design with six different types of succulents, planting them apart so they have room to grow and live happily and healthy for a long time.
In stores, usually, I see vases with multiple succulents planted so close to each other that I don't know how they can breath, obviously they won't grow much, or be healthy for long.

By no means I am a plant expert, I'm just a plant lover. I do have many plants and they are healthy, so I told my friend the three factors I consider when I care for my succulents:

sunlight +  temperature + water


But this is not a DIY post, this is a post inspired by this month's Urban Jungle Bloggers topic - we are sharing our plantselfie!

I thought it would be fun to take photos of myself with some of my plants, but it turned out to be nonsense. I styled the scene, set my camera on a tripod, set the timer, then ran back to the scene... and everytime I tried, something was out of place. My hand, my foot, or my face, most of the time was cut off, and as I didn't want to be known as the woman with no face, I waited for Brady to help me.

That's why my #plantselfie post is a bit late since this topic was launched by Urban Jungle Bloggers on September 12th.


I don't understand why so many people like to take so many selfies and show them off to the world, but here I am, shy, and shameless, in a picture taken by Brady, showing off my face surrounded by some of my plants - everything for the love of them 🌿🌱🙈🌵.


4 comments :

  1. HI REGINA!

    Tudo bom?

    As fotos estão lindas, como o blog.

    Beijos e ótimo final de semana a vcs.


    Audeni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the plants and I think the photo with you sitting on that lovely caramel buttoned sofa with that gorgeous fabric as a backdrop is simply gorgeous! It's lovely to see you face to face Regina! Absolutely lovely! Have a great week. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regina, eu ainda sou, no blog, a mulher sem cabeça:-)
    Gostei de te ver e conhecer. Também das tuas plantinhas!
    Beijo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Regina,
    So nice to meet you ;-)
    Maybe one day I'll get the courage to do a selfie!
    Your friend, Ginny

    ReplyDelete